THE LIABILITY OF THE STATE FOR DAMAGE CLAIMS RESULT OF VIOLATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION LAW
The article deals with the questions connected with different court procedures on damage claims grounded in State and Municipalities Liability for Damages Act (1989) result of illegal acts of Bulgarian administrative bodies. The article designates the specific issues of the state liability including the issues connected with the new regulation of the court liability for violation of the European Union law.
Keywords: damage compensation, European Union law, procedural prerequisites for admissibility, claim
JEL Codes: K4, K23, K33
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Adaoglu, H. S. (2016). Actions for Damages in EU Law: A Comparative Analysis of the Liability of EU Institutions and the Liability of Member States. AMME IDARESI DERGISI, 49(2), 79-104.
- Elenkov, A., Lazarov, K., & Kandeva, E. (2007). Коментар на Административнопроцесуалния кодекс [Comment on the Administrative Procedure Code]. Сиби, София.
- Gutman, K. (2016). Liability for breach of EU law by the union, member states and individuals: damages, enforcement and effective judicial protection. Research Handbook on EU Institutional Law. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kostov, St. (2013). Правната квалификация на иска за обезщетяване на вреди, причинени от Република България в нарушение на правото на Европейския съюз [The legal qualification of the claim for damage reparation again the Republic of Bulgaria for infringement of the European Union law], Адвокатски преглед, 10. Retrieved from https://www.vas.bg/p/A/d/Adv10_2013_2-2058.pdf.
- Kostov, St. (2017). Извъндоговорната отговорност на ЕС и на държавите членки [The non-contractual liability of the European Union and the Member States]. Сиби, София.
- Saddy, A., & Teixeira, A. V. (2016). State liability for inactivity of the Public Administration: a specific study of administrative silence. A&C-REVISTA DE DIREITO ADMINISTRATIVO & CONSTITUCIONAL, 16(65), 109-133.
- Sonnekus, J. C. (2017). Liability of the State for Damage Caused by Lawful/Rightful Conduct of State Organs. JS Afr. L., 225.
- Vehovec, M. T. (2012). Cause of Member State Liability, The. Eur. Rev. Private L., 20, 851.