EXISTENCE OF SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE IN EVIDENTIARY LAW
M. Hadin Muhjad
M. Erham Amin
Environmental cases are often decided by decision of exemption because the evidence is scientific. The Criminal Procedure Code (KUHP) still adheres to conventional evidence. The judge did not receive scientific evidence. Even though, the environmental cases will not be completed without scientific evidence. Normative legal research methods are used, because scientific evidence is contained in laws and regulations including the Criminal Procedure Code. Legal materials collected were analysed to answer the problem. Legal analysis of norm obscurity is carried out by law interpretation while legal vacancies are carried out by legal construction or rechtsvinding. The results showed that environmental cases in the form of pollution and environmental damage were only proven by scientific evidence, which was an extension of evidence in the Criminal Procedure Code, which had an impact on the procedural Burden of Proof, namely the position of evidence. Scientific evidence does not stand alone but follows one of the legitimate evidences, namely expert information or proof of evidence or evidence.
Keywords: scientific evidence, proof law, existence
JEL Codes: K00, K15, K32, K40
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Biezeveld, G.A. (2001). Criminal enforcement of environmental law: general introduction, investigation and prosecution (Dutch Side): Part two: Investigation. CELA Course on Environmental Law and Administration, Sukabumi, 19-24 February 2001.
- Erliyani, R. (2017a). Hukum Pembuktian di Peradilan Agama, Yogjakarta, K-Media. Retrieved from https://tinyurl.com/4n4f7m7d
- Erliyani, R. (2017b). The Essence Of Primum Remedium Priciple In The Enforcement Of Environmental Criminal Law. Journal Of Law, Policy and Globalization, 64, 77-84. Retrieved from https://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JLPG/article/view/39533/40647
- Erliyani, R. (2020). The degradation of Notarial deed in the aspect of law on evidence. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change, 14(9), 734-745. Retrieved from https://www.ijicc.net/images/Vol_14/Iss_9/14912_Erliyani_2020_E1_R1.pdf
- Fuady, M. (2006). Teori Hukum Pembuktian Pidana dan Perdata. Jakarta, PT. Citra Aditya Bakti, Cet.II.
- Hadmanto, A. (2020, June, 29). Personal interview.
- Hiariej, E. OS. (2012). Teori dan Hukum Pembuktian. Jakarta, Erlangga. Retrieved from http://library.fis.uny.ac.id/opac/index.php?p=show_detail&id=5283.
- Hukumonline. (February 5, 2011). Judges Often Ignore Scientific Evidence. Retrieved from https://new.hukumonline.com/berita/baca/lt4d4cf9774f064/hakim-seringkali-abaikan-bukti-ilmiah-?r=0&p=1&q=Prayekti%20Murharjanti&rs=1847&re=2021.
- Kisworo, W. (2018). Aplikasi Prinsip- Prinsip Terkait Bukti Ilmiah (Scientific Evidendce) di Amerika Serikat Perkara Perdata Lingkungan di Indonesia. Jurnal Hukum Lingkungan di Indonesia, 5(1), 24-59. https://doi.org/10.38011/jhli.v5i1.74
- Mertokusumo, S. (2006). Hukum Acara Perdata Indonesia. Yogyakarta, Liberty.
- Mike, V. (1991). Understanding uncertainties in medical evidence: professional and public responsibilities. Acceptable evidence: Science and values in risk management, 115-136.
- Mishima, A. (1992). Bitter Sea: The Human Cost of Minamata Disease. Tokyo, Kosei Publishing Co.
- Nasution, A.K. (1976). Masalah Hukum Pembuktian Dalam Proses Pidana, Jilid I. Corps.
- Rangkuti, S.S. (2000). Hukum Lingkungan dan Kebijaksanaan Lingkungan Nasional, Edisi Kedua, Surabaya, Airlangga University Press.
- Sajimin. (2020, June, 29). Personal interview.
- Soeroso, R. (2016). Hukum Acara Perdata Lengkap dan Praktis: HIR, RBg, dan Yurisprudensi. Jakarta: Sinar Grafika.
- Subekti, R. (1983). Hukum Pembuktian. Jakarta, Pradnya Paramita.